[OpenAFS] Windows client LogonScript settings not working

Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:33:51 -0500

--------------enigF3153D4FE958440994112A5E

On 1/19/2011 9:00 PM, Thomas Smith wrote:
> I am using KFW 3.2.2, NIM 2.0.102.907, and the OpenAFS Client for
> Windows v1.5.7800. All are working correctly and I am able to access ou=
> AFS cell without any issues.
>=20
> I created a logon script to map a couple of drives to AFS resources. Th=
> logon script works fine by itself but I have been unable to configure
> the OpenAFS Client to use it (I followed the instructions from the
> OpenAFS wiki in the "WindowsConfigurationRefreenceGuide" document).
>=20
> LogonOptions was already set to 1, so I just edited the LogonScript
> value at
> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TransarcAFSDaemon=
\NetworkProvider"
> and directed it to my logon script. I also tried adding a
> domain-specific configuration, but that also did not work.
>=20
> I haven't been able to find much else on getting this to work, so I was=

> hoping someone here could provide me with some feedback on what I might=

> be missing.
>=20
> Kind Regards,
>=20
> ~ Tom

The TransarcAFSDaemon LogonScript parameter is reserved for use by AFS.
 It cannot be used for site local configuration.  If you need to execute
your own LogonScript, you must create your own NetworkProvider instance.

Jeffrey Altman