[OpenAFS] PAG lost after switching users on Slackware 13.1 box

Tom Mukunnemkeril torrent_tech@yahoo.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2011 18:17:00 -0800 (PST)

--0-1832488281-1295576220=:63952

Hi all,

For the past few months I've been debugging a problem where my webserver ca=
nnot access files in AFS, despite using pagsh and kstart when I start up ap=
ache.=A0 I had this working on Slackware 13.0 but have been unable to make =
this work on Slackware 13.1.

So I did a simple test of just logging as root, running pagsh, getting kerb=
eros tickets and tokens and su to another user.=A0 As expected, in Slackwar=
e 13.0 the tokens remained, in the Slackware 13.1, the tokens did not.

Is there anything I can do to debug this further to figure out why the PAG =
is getting lost?=A0 The version of glibc is different, and I don't know if =
this would cause a problem, or is there something I need to enable in the k=
ernel.

Both Slackware distributions run Openafs-1.4.12.1 and Kernel 2.6.35.7.=A0 I=
'm pretty sure I have compiled the same kernel configuration settings for b=
oth distributions.=A0 glibc is different on these machines. Slackware 13.1 =
uses glibc-2.11.1 and Slackware 13.0 uses glibc-2.9

Tom
=0A=0A=0A
--0-1832488281-1295576220=:63952

top" style=3D"font: inherit;">Hi all,<br><br>For the past few months I've b=
een debugging a problem where my webserver cannot access files in AFS, desp=
ite using pagsh and kstart when I start up apache.&nbsp; I had this working=
 on Slackware 13.0 but have been unable to make this work on Slackware 13.1=
.<br><br>So I did a simple test of just logging as root, running pagsh, get=
ting kerberos tickets and tokens and su to another user.&nbsp; As expected,=
 in Slackware 13.0 the tokens remained, in the Slackware 13.1, the tokens d=
id not.<br><br>Is there anything I can do to debug this further to figure o=
ut why the PAG is getting lost?&nbsp; The version of glibc is different, an=
d I don't know if this would cause a problem, or is there something I need =
to enable in the kernel.<br><br>Both Slackware distributions run Openafs-1.=
4.12.1 and Kernel 2.6.35.7.&nbsp; I'm pretty sure I have compiled the same
 kernel configuration settings for both distributions.&nbsp; glibc is diffe=