[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.6pre5 Ubuntu ppa

Andy Cobaugh phalenor@gmail.com
Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:47:14 -0400 (EDT)

On 2011-06-14 at 14:00, Nicolas Bourbaki ( ncl.bourbaki@gmail.com ) said:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to know if the Ubuntu ppa repository has been upgraded to
> offer the latest 1.6pre6 version of OpenAFS.
> I'm having odd behavior when using the latest version available on the
> following ppa:
>  - http://ppa.launchpad.net/openafs/master/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openafs/
>  - openafs-client_1.6.0~pre5-2~ppa0~maverick1_i386.deb
>
> When opening my desktop session (user dirs on AFS), I have the following:
> afs: Lost contact with file server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX in cell yyy.yyy
> afs: Lost contact with file server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX in cell yyy.yyy
> afs: failed to store file (110)
> afs: failed to store file (110)
> afs: failed to store file (110)
> afs: file server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX in cell yyy.yyy is back up
> afs: file server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX in cell yyy.yyy is back up

In case it's related, one of our users on debian wheezy was experiencing
the same symptoms while trying to 'hg pull'. Problem didn't show up until
the machine had been up for about 2 weeks, and went away after a reboot.
Was going to wait and see if it shows up again before reporting it.

openafs-client-1.6.0~pre5-2
2.6.38-2-amd64

fstrace is here:
/afs/bx.psu.edu/user/phalenor/public/fstrace_dump.txt

If this isn't related to the problem above (not sure how close debian and
ubuntu wrt openafs), I'll send a real bug report if/when my problem shows
up again. But in case it is related...

--andy