[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.6pre5 Ubuntu ppa

Nicolas Bourbaki ncl.bourbaki@gmail.com
Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:00:43 +0200

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if the Ubuntu ppa repository has been upgraded to
offer the latest 1.6pre6 version of OpenAFS.
I'm having odd behavior when using the latest version available on the
following ppa:
  - http://ppa.launchpad.net/openafs/master/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openafs/
  - openafs-client_1.6.0~pre5-2~ppa0~maverick1_i386.deb

When opening my desktop session (user dirs on AFS), I have the following:
afs: Lost contact with file server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX in cell yyy.yyy
afs: Lost contact with file server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX in cell yyy.yyy
afs: failed to store file (110)
afs: failed to store file (110)
afs: failed to store file (110)
afs: file server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX in cell yyy.yyy is back up
afs: file server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX in cell yyy.yyy is back up

It seems the link to the file server is lost for a short period and
then comes back. This only occurs when using a graphic login, my
startup processes are a bit messed up, but I can still use the desktop
session afterwards.

I was wondering if this was related to problems with the 1.6pre5
version (although it seems that 1.6.0~pre5-2 included the upstream fix
to avoid the big file issue).

Cheers,

Nicolas.