[OpenAFS] Localization of OpenAFS client and documentation

Wed, 19 Oct 2011 13:26:23 -0400

--------------enig71392CDFD5B401CEFAAE15CA

On 10/19/2011 8:14 AM, Karel Nykles wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> At DESY there was an interest for translation and localization of the
> OpenAFS documentation. Our site is also interested in localization of
> OpenAFS Windows client.

On Windows, the easiest thing to do would be to check out the git
repository according to the instructions at

  http://wiki.openafs.org/AFSLore/GitDevelopers/

and then work on updating the string text under each of the following
directories:

src\WINNT\afsapplib\lang
src\WINNT\afslegal\lang
src\WINNT\afssvrcfg\lang
src\WINNT\afssvrcpa\lang
src\WINNT\afssvrmgr\lang
src\WINNT\afs_setup_utils\lang
src\WINNT\client_cpa\lang
src\WINNT\client_creds\lang
src\WINNT\client_exp\lang
src\WINNT\eventlog\lang
src\WINNT\install\wix\lang
src\WINNT\netidmgr_plugin\extensions\sample\lang
src\WINNT\netidmgr_plugin\lang

Only the "en_us" locale has been maintained over the last decade.  All
of the other locales in the tree are out of date.

  de_DE, es_ES, ja_JP, ko_KR, pt_BR, zh_CN, zh_TW

In many cases it is not just the strings that are out of date but the
dialog resources themselves.  Once a particular locale is brought up to
date, the wix installer scripts will need to be updated to package all
of the up to date locale dlls.

Changes should be submitted via gerrit.openafs.org.