[OpenAFS] Re: 1.4.x quorum election process?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:39:42 -0500

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:14:39 -0400
Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

> Have you considered making the "lowest" server a clone?  Clones are
> like other database servers, except that they can never be elected as
> a sync site.  The (default) election winner then would be the next
> closest.

Also, there is a patch from jhutz in gerrit (2287) for the -ubiknocoord
option, which prevents a site from running for election. It mentions how
this alters the voting numbers slightly, since lowest host normally gets
an extra vote... maybe that's all I was thinking of with that other bug,
I'm not sure.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net