[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.6.002/ Windows 7 / 64 bit

Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:12:42 -0400

--------------enigD60B4249A10198E051CFD769

If you receive System 53 you are lost.  Its the Windows bug and there is
nothing that anyone can do to fix it.  Microsoft has marked the bug
"WONT FIX".

The only thing you can do is wait for the IFS client which I hope will
be later this week.

aklog.exe is freezing because it is stuck in the SMB redirector code
path attempting to communicate with the \\AFS server.

The 32-bit aklog will attempt to load 32-bit KFW libraries.  If they
aren't installed, 32-bit aklog won't work.

On 9/12/2011 2:04 PM, John Tang Boyland wrote:
> Yet another problem found while trying to get OpenAFS to work on a 64
> bit Windows 7.  Using my unrecommended way of installing Openafs (first=

> 32 bit and then 64 on top) we got the student's computer working with
> OpenAFS.  When their tokens expired, OpenAFS stopped working, even
> getting new tokens didn't help.  We couldn't get "aklog" to work (*)
> NET VIEW \\AFS showed the dreaded System
> 53 error.  We uninstalled 64 bit and reinstalled.
>=20
> (*) (aklog wanted the 32 bit Krb5 DLL, and even installing the extra 32=
 bit
> utilities didn't work, eventually after reinstalling everything, I foun=
> I could go directly itn othe Program FIles/OpenAFS/CLient/Programs
> directory and execute aklog.exe directly, but that was later so
> I don't know what aklog would have done before the reinstall).
>=20
> Now aklog.exe -d freezes after the first step:
>=20
> Authenticating to cell cs.uwm.edu.
> Getting v5 tickets: afs/cs.uwm.edu@CS.UWM.EDU
> [FROZEN]
>=20
> It never makes it past this point.
>=20
>=20
> The KDC log shows:
>=20
> Sep 12 12:51:24 solomons.cs.uwm.edu krb5kdc[571](info): AS_REQ (7 etype=
s {18 17 16 23 1 3 2}) 129.89.10.xxx: ISSUE: authtime 1315849884, etypes =
{rep=3D1 tkt=3D16 ses=3D16}, Xxx@CS.UWM.EDU for krbtgt/CS.UWM.EDU@CS.UWM.=
EDU