[OpenAFS] srpm for 1.6.1 not building in mock

Simon Wilkinson simonxwilkinson@gmail.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2012 19:31:30 +0100

On 6 Apr 2012, at 19:22, Darren Patterson wrote:

> Are you building the kmods against the CentOS kernel or the RHEL =
kernel? I realize they are binary compatible.  I'm grasping at straws at =
this point since the 1.6.0 srpm (and everything else I build) builds =
fine with my mock setup.

Jonathan pointed me in the right direction here. Your problem is that =
we're now using the output from uname -r to determine the version of =
kernel to build a module for, if one isn't specified on the command =
line. We used to use a glob on the filesystem looking for kernel =
headers, but that proved fragile in other environments. So, at the =
moment, you have to explicitly define the version you want to build for =
with --define "kernvers =85"

It also looks like there's some kind of problem with the way in which =
the target architecture is interpolated into the version string - this =
is the dependency issue Jonathan is encountering. There's a bug in RT =
about this, too. But how to fix the problem requires knowing why =
Derrick's CentOS6 platform works, when RHEL6 (and SL6, from RT) =
platforms don't.

S.