[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-announce] R L "Bob" Morgan

Robert Banz rob@nofocus.org
Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:31:31 -0700

--14dae9340e0f12770804c7324a8e

I had the opportunity to attend Bob's memorial at UWash a couple of weeks
ago. Quite accomplished, both professionally and as a father.  While I had
known him via his MACE / Internet2 / Shibboleth work, I didn't know he also
had some AFS involvement. Coming from Stanford, I shouldn't really be
surprised.

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Derrick Brashear <shadow@openafs.org>wrote:

> Just a note to let you know that we recently learned of the passing of
> R L "Bob" Morgan.
>
> Bob was most recently known for his considerable work on identity
> management, but before his employment at the University of Washington
> worked
> at Stanford and was involved in Kerberos and AFS during his time there.
> Bob was
> among the people who externally pushed the cause of open sourcing AFS, and
> in
> a conference call where it became clear that would actually happen, posed a
> scenario which became a running joke for years when he suggested the
> possibility of
> providing support for this open source AFS as "R L Bob's AFS Company".
> Bob will be sorely missed.
>
> You can read more here:
> https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/rlbob/Home
>
> --
> Derrick

--14dae9340e0f12770804c7324a8e

I had the opportunity to attend Bob&#39;s memorial at UWash a couple of wee=
ks ago. Quite accomplished, both professionally and as a father. =A0While I=
 had known him via his MACE / Internet2 / Shibboleth work, I didn&#39;t kno=
w he also had some AFS involvement. Coming from Stanford, I shouldn&#39;t r=
eally be surprised.<div>

k Brashear <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shadow@openafs.org" targ=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex">

Just a note to let you know that we recently learned of the passing of<br>
R L &quot;Bob&quot; Morgan.<br>
Bob was most recently known for his considerable work on identity<br>
management, but before his employment at the University of Washington worke=
d<br>
at Stanford and was involved in Kerberos and AFS during his time there. Bob=
 was<br>
among the people who externally pushed the cause of open sourcing AFS, and =
in<br>
a conference call where it became clear that would actually happen, posed a=
scenario which became a running joke for years when he suggested the<br>
possibility of<br>
providing support for this open source AFS as &quot;R L Bob&#39;s AFS Compa=
ny&quot;.<br>
Bob will be sorely missed.<br>
You can read more here:<br>
k">https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/rlbob/Home</a><br>