[OpenAFS] AFS cell without AFSDB?

Ben Howell howellbp@gmail.com
Wed, 15 Aug 2012 13:39:06 -0500

I'm experimenting with a cluster in a new cell as part of a company-wide
upgrade of our current AFS infrastructure. However, our DNS no longer
supports custom non-TXT entries like AFSDB. Is there an alternative to
AFSDB? I have SRV records in place, _afs3-vlserver and _afs3-prserver.
Is there an SRV record for DB servers as well? Changing nameservers is
not an option, unfortunately.

Kerberos functions without issue. However, aklog seems to take a minute
or longer. I also can't seem to create volumes on the same server I'm
working on, but can create volumes on any other server in the cluster.
Are these side-effects of not having an AFSDB record in DNS, or
otherwise another missing entry somewhere?

/etc/openafs/server/CellServDB on all hosts contains the one record for
the DB server. Should I add records for the others?