[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.7.07 issues with IIS7.5 asp.net v1.1

Hugh Caldwell hcaldwell@usgs.gov
Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:23:41 -0500

--=_alternative 00549135852579B1_=

The latest AFS client is having issues with one of the sites on my Windows
2008 R2 server running IIS 7.5.

The server hosts three sites and one of the sites breaks consistently
after a few hours. Possibly when the application pool is recycled as the
server logs show the application pool exceeded time limits during
shutdown.. The application pool for this site is running .Net framework
v1.1 and the Manage Pipeline mode is set to classic.

I'm able to navigate to the AFS directories of the two functioning sites
in Powershell and list the contents without issue. When I try to list the
contents of the troublesome site the directory listing hangs before
completing. Running fs flushv or attempting to restart the OpenAFS service
also hangs at which point the server needs to be rebooted.

Please let me know if I can provide any other info. I will also submit a
bug report.

Thanks,

Hugh Caldwell
Astor & Sanders
EWeb Systems Administrator
United States Geological Survey
 703-648-6812 (Office)
 703-598-3472 (Cellular)
hcaldwell@usgs.gov
Room 2C123B

--=_alternative 00549135852579B1_=

with one of the sites on my Windows 2008 R2 server running IIS 7.5. </font>
of the sites breaks consistently after a few hours. Possibly when the application
pool is recycled as the server logs show the application pool exceeded
time limits during shutdown.. The application pool for this site is running
.Net framework v1.1 and the Manage Pipeline mode is set to classic.</font>
of the two functioning sites in Powershell and list the contents without
issue. When I try to list the contents of the troublesome site the directory
listing hangs before completing. Running fs flushv or attempting to restart
the OpenAFS service also hangs at which point the server needs to be rebooted.</font>
any other info. I will also submit a bug report.</font>
Hugh Caldwell<br>
Astor &amp; Sanders<br>
EWeb Systems Administrator<br>
United States Geological Survey<br>