[OpenAFS] Feature wish: remove partition while fileserver keeps on running

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Mon, 27 Feb 2012 17:00:31 +0100

Hi!

Maybe I missed a point or two, but I wish I could remove and unmount a=20
/vicepX partition while fileserver keeps on running.

The last weeks I needed to redo our iSCSI storages and that implies a=20
lot of mount/unmount/redo partitions of our OpenAFS fileservers.
Each time I need to add/remove a partition, the safe way was to stop the=20
OpenAFS fileserver, mount/umount the partition and restart the fileserver.
As I do not want to be the night owl, I did it in usual work shift -=20
which did annoy our users as service was broken a few minutes.

Is there any way to do this a better way?

(IMHO DAFS is only for volumes, not partitions, or?)

Thank you.

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--=20
TU Graz, Institut f=FCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723