[OpenAFS] Re: Best way to debug "Lost contact with file server"

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 29 Feb 2012 09:06:53 -0600

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 09:38:04 +0100
Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> wrote:

> > Er, I would have thought that this would cause a group of clients
> > deployed near each other to all prefer the same replica, which is
> > not really "random". That is, though from the point of view of a
> > single client the choice may be random, from the point of view of
> > managing server load it is not. Is that incorrect?
>
> IMHO on the windows client there is a serverprefs based on RTT. And
> that is planned to go into linux client, to.

If this updates preferences continuously, there are concerns that this
can make things much much worse, if client activity oscillates between 2
or more servers.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net