[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS on OpenSuse 12.1: No connection to filesystem

Starl8gazer Starl8gazer <starl8gazer@yahoo.com>
Mon, 9 Jan 2012 10:03:50 -0800 (PST)

> If you want to add rules to let AFS work with the firewall still on, you

> should allow:
>
> port 7001 UDP inbound and outbound
> port 7000, 7002, 7003, 7005, 7007 UDP outbound
>
> and I think that should cover everything. I'm not sure how to do that in
> yast off the top of my head, but there should be a way to allow specific
> ports.

Indeed, opening these ports in the described manner does the trick!

As to how to do it in Yast, go to Yast2 - Security and Users - Firewall, select 'Custom Rules', and Add rules with the above parameters. Remark: I used "source port" (term used in interface) for "outbound" (term does not appear in Help text).

Thank you again for your help!