[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS on OpenSuse 12.1: No connection to filesystem

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 6 Jan 2012 16:52:37 -0500

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 09:45:11 -0800 (PST)
Starl8gazer <starl8gazer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I see in Yast2 - Security and Users - Firewall - Allowed Services:
> Secure Shell Server and xntp Server. The output of 'iptables -L' is
> longish, so for the time being I am not posting it here. In the output
> I do see lines which relate to 'ssh' and 'ntp', yet nothing about
> 'afs'.

If you're okay with turning off the firewall, well, "problem solved" :)

If you want to add rules to let AFS work with the firewall still on, you
should allow:

port 7001 UDP inbound and outbound
port 7000, 7002, 7003, 7005, 7007 UDP outbound

and I think that should cover everything. I'm not sure how to do that in
yast off the top of my head, but there should be a way to allow specific
ports.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net