[OpenAFS] Windows clients / roaming profiles and OpenAFS

Coy Hile coy.hile@coyhile.com
Wed, 18 Jan 2012 10:55:25 -0500

I'm finally getting aorund to getting my cell set back up (mostly for
playing around), and I have something new in the mix that I didn't
have last time: Windows clients.  What is considered best practice for
dealing with Windows profiles and OpenAFS? I see the following
possibilities:

(1) Make all the profiles local, users have to copy things to AFS by hand
(2) Make profiles local (or roaming using MSFT infrastructure) and
redirect folders such as My Documents/Music/etc to \\AFS UNC path
(3) Store the roaming profile data in AFS directly.

What's the Right Way(tm) to do it?