[OpenAFS] Can't move a volume / confused VLDB?

Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:52:39 -0500

--------------enigA6AA4669474E0B4B525B99C2

On 1/20/2012 6:22 AM, Alexander Lazarevi=C4=87 wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> I was trying to move a volume to another fileserver, when I found out,
> that my vldb seems to be confused.
> What is about these orphaned volumes and why are there duplicate site
> entries in root.afs and root.cell?
> I appreciate any help on this.
>=20
> Alex

The host names that are listed come from reverse DNS lookups.  Use the
-noresolve option to list the actual IP addresses.  That may tell you
something interesting.

Jeffrey Altman