[OpenAFS] Krb auth working but unable to acquire token on any clients

Thomas Smith theitsmith@gmail.com
Mon, 23 Jan 2012 13:40:47 -0700

On Jan 23, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> I'm not sure what evidence you need beyond which they have already =
given you.  The client is requesting enc type 1, des-CBC-crc and the =
server is logging that the enc type is not a permitted option.=20
>=20
> You haven't change the clients. The only changes were in the 2008 R2 =
configuration. =20
>=20
> The log entry states that enc type 3, des-CBC-md5 is an option but =
that is not what is being requested.  The key for both types is in fact =
the same.

Thanks Jeffrey.

DES-CBC-CRC has never been enabled, only DES-CBC-MD5. So are there any =
reasons now that the clients would now be requesting a different =
enctype? If they are actually requesting DES-CBC-CRC, then this would be =
the problem as it's not currently, nor has it ever been, enabled. (But =
this problem is also affecting other platforms, not just Windows.)=