[OpenAFS] Re: Linux ext4 vicep and cache support?

Dale Pontius pontius@btv.ibm.com
Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:56:01 -0500

Would it make sense when using ext4 as a client cache to turn the
journal off, for a little bit more performance?
I'm also wondering if some of the afs cache tunables could also be
translated into mkfs.ext4 tunables, for a closer fit.  (afs cache
chunksize vs ext4 extents, etc)

Dale Pontius

--
Dale Pontius
Senior Engineer

This e-mail and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message from your system without copying it and notify sender of the misdirection by reply e-mail.