[OpenAFS] Re: Linux ext4 vicep and cache support?

John W. Sopko Jr. sopko@cs.unc.edu
Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:21:12 -0500

Thanks, all. It has been at least a year since we tried
running the cache on ext4 with 1.4.12 client and I have
never tried on a fileserver /vicep partition.

Our current AFS file servers are redhat 5.7 ext3. When we
get new servers they will be redhat 6.x and ext4.

When we upgrade clients to 1.6 I will try ext4 cache.
Thanks.

--
John W. Sopko Jr.               University of North Carolina
email: sopko AT cs.unc.edu      Computer Science Dept., CB 3175