[OpenAFS] Re: Volser: GetVolInfo: Could not attach volume (/vicepa:) error=101

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:00:49 -0600

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:44:58 -0500
Dan Scott <danieljamesscott@gmail.com> wrote:

> > How specifically are they not accessible? How are you trying to
> > access them, and what error do you get? If you are trying to access
> > files in the volume from a client, the FileLog may say something
> > about the volume.
>
> All of the volumes under a particular mount point give:
>
> djscott@pc35:~$ ls /afs/example.com/volume
> ls: cannot access /afs/example.com/volume: No such device
>
> Other volumes on other servers are fine. I just ran the salvager which
> fixed a load of problems, but still no luck.

Do FileLog or SalvageLog mention that volume? (either by id number or by
name)

Also try running 'fs checks', 'fs checkv', and
'fs flushm /afs/example.com/volume' on the client, and see if that makes
any difference.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net