[OpenAFS] Re: Principal afs@A.COM vs. afs/a.com@A.COM ?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:15:10 -0600

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:17:33 -0500
Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@your-file-system.com> wrote:

> Why did you choose to create afs@REALM instead of afs/cell@REALM?
>
> If it is because of documentation you read on openafs.org, please
> point us to it so that the documentation can be corrected.

It comes from Davor Ocelic's guide, which I assume a lot of people use
because it looks very nice and is step-by-step. The copy on
debian-administration.org uses afs@, but the modern version on Davor's
site (linked from the debian-administration.org article) gives
instructions to create afs/<cell> principals (though the kadmin output
is still old).

I think he reads this list, but I'm cc'ing him just in case. Davor,
could you change the steps to recommend creating the afs/<cell>-style
princs? For the spinlocksolutions.com version, the commands given are
already in that style, but the example output still says 'Principal
"afs@SPINLOCK.HR" created.'

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net