[OpenAFS] Re: Directories not reachable direct after creation - linux 1.6.1 - FSTRACE available

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:44:00 +0200

Hello

> Ok, fstrace made with that problem occuring:
> http://tetris.cgv.tugraz.at/afs/fstrace.31.07.2012.txt
>=20
>> the trace shows ENOENT for extern, and later symlink succeeds for exte=
rn2
>> we never see 1702200769 via a GetVolumeByName nor indeed anything.
>> when did the fstrace run from and to (did your mount point succeed
>> while it was running?)
>> what existed before and what commands were run, where?

Ok, sorry, yeah, was kinda short. All happened on the 1.6.1 client machin=
e.
I did a "fs mkmount extern user.extern", it failed and was not reachable
with a no such device error.
I did started the fs trace feature, I tried to enter the extern
directory/volume, which told me again "no such device" and I issued a
"fs mkmount extern2 user.extern" which gave a "no such device error"
after a few second, too.
A ls did not show extern neither extern2.
I waited a few seconds and wrote the fs trace to a file.
Afterwards I did fs flush, no better result, fs flushv and both
directory (extern/extern2) were reachable.

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--=20
TU Graz, Institut f=FCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723