[OpenAFS] Re: Directories not reachable direct after creation - linux 1.6.1

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:25:48 -0400

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:44:00 +0200
Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> wrote:

> Ok, sorry, yeah, was kinda short. All happened on the 1.6.1 client
> machine.  I did a "fs mkmount extern user.extern", it failed and was
> not reachable with a no such device error.  I did started the fs trace
> feature, I tried to enter the extern directory/volume

It would be more useful if you could start tracing before the first 'fs
mkmount'. If you have no idea when that will happen, you can enable
tracing with minimal impact by just running e.g.:

fstrace clear cm
fstrace setlog cmfx -buffers 1024
fstrace sets cm -active

which will enable tracing, but the tracing data won't go anywhere. So,
you can leave that turned on for a while. Then as soon as the problem
happens, run:

fstrace dump cm > /whatever

which will output the last N entries in the log. Afterwards, you can
turn off tracing completely with

fstrace sets cm -inactive

--
Andrew Deason