[OpenAFS] Windows: Hosts of foreign cells listed

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs@altum.de
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:58:33 +0200

Hi,

I've installed OpenAFS 1.7.8 on a Windows XP virtual machine. Although
I've removed all but my own cell from the OpenAFS configuration ("AFS
Client Configuration" -> "AFS Cells"), there are several file and
volume location servers listet under "AFS Client Configuration" ->
"Preferences", which do NOT belong to my local cell, like

PENN.CENTRAL.ORG
GRAND.MIT.EDU

Also, in the Windows explorer, when I type \\afs into the url bar, I
get openafs.org, .openafs.org and .root. And I get the RO-path of my
own cell only after assigning a drive letter to it (via "Extras" menu).

Any hints as to how to fix this.

Thanks...

	Dirk