[OpenAFS] Cache partition choice still limited to ext2 on Linux?

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs@altum.de
Wed, 07 Nov 2012 17:07:51 +0100

--nextPart5790017.91o3j072LJ

Am Mittwoch 07 November 2012, 09:02:44 schrieb Marc Dionne:

> In my (limited) experience with memcache, it doesn't behave very well
> if the system is memory contrained and is under pressure.

Hmm, I wouldn't call a system with 4G memory and not much more running than
KDE with a handful of apps (mail, web browser) memory constrained ;)

> > Thanks a lot. The idea was to setup a btrfs-only VM for testing purposes,
> > and use a subvolume for the cache. Not sure about the loop-mount method
> > in this case, since you also can't put swapfiles on btrfs.
>
> I have some machines that have used btrfs as a cache for a long time.
> It initially exposed a few bugs in the caching code but I'm not aware
> of any issues in the 1.6 releases.

OK, great. So it shouldn't be a problem to use a btrfs subvolume and (maybe)
set some quota.

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@altum.de>
Tel: +49 (0)2471 209385 | Mobil: +49 (0)176 34473913