[OpenAFS] Re: Possible cache corruption with linux client and 1.6.1 fileserver

Marc Dionne marc.c.dionne@gmail.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2012 22:30:15 -0500

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 18:38:28 -0600
> Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:
>
>> What appears to be happening is
>
> If you want to try a fix for this, to make sure the issue I'm talking
> about is the same thing you're seeing, try the attached patch. This
> patch itself will not be the actual solution that goes in the tree, but
> it's simple and disables the thing that needs to be disabled.
>
> This problem I believe was introduced with Linux commit
> a32ea1e1f925399e0d81ca3f7394a44a6dafa12c, which is in 2.6.22. That was
> included in RHEL5 in 2.6.18-128.el5, or at least sometime between
> 2.6.18-92.1.27.el5 and 2.6.18-128.el5. I'm not completely sure if that's
> what actually caused this (I haven't tried to reproduce this on an older
> kernel yet), but it looks like it.

I've been able to reproduce this on a current kernel, and replacing
one of the key parts of that Linux commit (a32ea1e1f925) makes the
problem go away.  So I think you definitely pinpointed the right
change on the Linux side.

Marc