[OpenAFS] managing BosConfig in Puppet

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer@ktdreyer.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:40:07 -0700

Does anyone have a good Puppet snippet for managing BosConfig in
Puppet? I'm picturing something like:

1. Create the configuration by hand using "bos" commands
2. Copy the BosConfig file into Puppet / version control

...and it gets sort of fuzzy for me here. In the manual-updates world, you'd:

1. Copy an existing BosConfig to BosConfig.new
2. Change the parameters in BosConfig.new
3. Restart bos server
4. The bos server moves BosConfig.new to BosConfig

and I'm having trouble conceptualizing how to make this fit with
Puppet's conventions. In comparing this to any other system daemon,
you'd typically expect the BosConfig.new file to stick around. If I
make Puppet trigger a bos restart on every BosConfig.new change, then
Puppet will restart the bos server on every run.

- Ken