[OpenAFS] managing BosConfig in Puppet

Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net
Sat, 17 Nov 2012 09:55:52 -0500

On 11/16/2012 6:23 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Puppet is primarily a tool for deploying the initial version of the file.

Russ,

I disagree. Perhaps I misunderstand you, but using puppet like scp is
missing the point really.

Ken, I recommend establishing templates for a generalized file server
and DB server, then passing in the desired parameters per host
over time as you see fit. Most easily done, take existing BosConfig
files (copy) and change the obvious pieces to variable references
to make templates for use. Use paramterized classes to "instan-
tiate" the right thing per node.

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/learning/templates.html

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/templating.html