[OpenAFS] Volume off-line after DB upgrade and VLDB lists wrong location

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Mon, 26 Nov 2012 10:02:28 -0500

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 08:56:51 +0100
Staffan H=E4m=E4l=E4 <sh@ltu.se> wrote:

> > Sat Nov 24 16:02:26 2012 Warning: Duplicate volume id 537689471 detecte=
d.

As Brandon said, the duplicate volume will need to be removed. The fileserv=
er
has no way to know which volume is the real 537689471

> I tried a vos syncvldb, which seems to have fixed things.

vos syncvldb will not remove the duplicate volume, so you'll need to check
and remove the bogus volume.  I'd use vos dump, giving the numeric id, and
partition id for each volume, check the volumes to see which one is the most
recent, and vos zap (again with the numeric id and partition id) the old
bogus volume, then resync the vldb.

--=20
Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net>