[OpenAFS] Volume off-line after DB upgrade and VLDB lists wrong location

Staffan Hämälä sh@ltu.se
Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:41:02 +0100

On 2012-11-26 16:02, Michael Meffie wrote:
> As Brandon said, the duplicate volume will need to be removed. The fileserver
> has no way to know which volume is the real 537689471

The one on partition c seems to be the on-line one. (According to vos
exa at least).

I tried vos copy on the volume on partition a, but got the error:
$ vos copy 537689471 afsfs1 a test.afsfs1a afsfs5 a
Could not fetch the information about volume 537689471 from the server
: No such device
vos:cannot access volume 537689471

> vos syncvldb will not remove the duplicate volume, so you'll need to check
> and remove the bogus volume.  I'd use vos dump, giving the numeric id, and
> partition id for each volume, check the volumes to see which one is the most
> recent, and vos zap (again with the numeric id and partition id) the old
> bogus volume, then resync the vldb.

Ok. I now see that the *.vol files are still there.

I just started vos dump, which seems to be doing things. I'll let it run
and see what's in the file it creates.

/Staffan