[OpenAFS] Upgrading

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs@altum.de
Fri, 05 Apr 2013 16:42:46 +0200

--nextPart1568583.PfkXk95HFK

Am Donnerstag 04 April 2013, 05:45:27 schrieb J:

> Wondering if anyone can offer advice as to how best upgrade OpenAFS on
> Debian 5.0.2.  The OpenAFS kernel module package is listed as
> openafs-modules-2.6.26-2-486.
>
> Should I upgrade Linux first, then OpenAFS?  Or vice versa?  Another option
> would be to build a new server, but I'm wondering which would be the less
> convoluted path.
>
> Any tutorials or information you can point me to is appreciated.

Just follow http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.html to upgrade from lenny to squeeze.

The same procedure should then also work to further update from squeeze to
wheezy.

Note that wheezy is the first version to come with OpenAFS 1.6.x. If you want
that in squeeze (yes, you do, because of dafs), you can install it from Debian
backports.

HTH...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@altum.de>
Tel: +49 (0)2471 209385 | Mobil: +49 (0)176 34473913