[OpenAFS] Re: Questions about multihoming servers

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 2 Oct 2013 11:07:27 -0500

On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 11:43:42 -0400
Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-09-25 at 11:42 -0500, Andrew Deason wrote:
>
> > if 15640 still occurs, that's a bug
>
> 15640 was not a bug in OpenAFS when it was submitted 9 years ago, and
> it's still not a bug in OpenAFS.  If you want multi-homed dbservers to
> work, then the primary addresses listed for each server in Ubik's
> CellServDB must be the one your operating system will actually use
> when sending packets to other servers' primary addresses.  Otherwise,
> they will not be recognized as coming from a legitimate server.

I don't see how that could be the case currently, or why that would be
necessary. SDISK_UpdateInterfaceAddr does not pay attention to the
address where the packets are actually coming from, only the addresses
given in the RPC arguments. Is there something else you're thinking of
that creates a limitation like you describe?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net