[OpenAFS] Re: Moving Magic Trio to another domain

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 2 Oct 2013 17:02:32 -0500

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 21:39:44 +0300 (EEST)
"Jukka Tuominen" <jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi> wrote:

> > Try running:
> >
> > $ getent passwd username
> >
> > on both systems. Does the output differ?
>
> No, both succeed.

Okay, then I don't know what gdm is complaining about. I assume from
your previous mails that kinit, aklog, and /afs access all work, so I
don't know what is "wrong" for the user. I assume it has to do with
these messages, since these are the only things different in the log you
posted earlier:

> gdm-simple-slave[749]: WARNING: Failed to add user authorization: could
> not find user "username" on system
> **
> ERROR:gdm-simple-slave.c:397:start_session_timeout: assertion failed:
> (auth_file != NULL)

But those are gdm error messages, and I don't know what they mean.
Either look in gdm documentation or ask gdm people what they mean, or
maybe try turning up gdm debugging or 'strace'ing the gdm process or
something.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net