[OpenAFS] Boot sequence OpenAFS/ GDM

Jukka Tuominen jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi
Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:49:42 +0300 (EEST)

I managed to narrow down the problem of having some clients consistently
succeeding and some consistently failing on gdm login into afs homedirs. I
believe the problem is the undetermined booting order between afs and gdm.

While the faster clients work fine every time, slower ones do never.
However, if I restart gdm on a failing client, it works fine until the
next boot.

I found some discussions about this issue on the net, but not a solution
that would work. I wonder if there's a speed-independent way to get the
boot sequence right every time?

(BTW, I tried asking help on a gdm mailing list, but no answers there.
Sorry to bother you, again :)

br, jukka