[OpenAFS] Re: Update squeeze openafs-fileserver to squeeze-backports

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 3 Oct 2013 11:13:12 -0500

On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:34:46 +0200
Jean-Marc Choulet <jm130794@gmail.com> wrote:

> Setting up openafs-client (1.6.1-3+deb7u1~bpo60+1) ...
> update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/pagsh.openafs to provide
> /usr/bin/pagsh (pagsh) in auto mode.
> dpkg: error processing openafs-client (--configure):
>   subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

This is maybe more appropriate in a debian bug or a more debian-centric
forum, but we can try, and Russ reads this list anyway.

That doesn't seem to be telling you why the postinst script failed, and
I'm not really sure of everything that it does that can fail. But I
think you can get it to say what it's doing by doing something like
this after it fails:

Edit /var/lib/dpkg/info/openafs-client.postinst, and change the 'set -e'
near the top to 'set -xe'. Then run 'dpkg --configure --pending', or
maybe just try to install openafs-client again. It should print out a
bunch more stuff about what commands it is running, which should give a
clue as to what is actually failing. (And thanks for running with
LANG=C; that is helpful.)

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net