[OpenAFS] Re: Update squeeze openafs-fileserver to squeeze-backports

Jean-Marc Choulet jm130794@gmail.com
Thu, 03 Oct 2013 19:45:49 +0200

Le 03/10/2013 18:28, Russ Allbery a écrit :
> Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> writes:
>> Jean-Marc Choulet <jm130794@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Setting up openafs-client (1.6.1-3+deb7u1~bpo60+1) ...
>>> update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/pagsh.openafs to provide
>>> /usr/bin/pagsh (pagsh) in auto mode.
>>> dpkg: error processing openafs-client (--configure):
>>>    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>> This is maybe more appropriate in a debian bug or a more debian-centric
>> forum, but we can try, and Russ reads this list anyway.
>> That doesn't seem to be telling you why the postinst script failed, and
>> I'm not really sure of everything that it does that can fail. But I
>> think you can get it to say what it's doing by doing something like this
>> after it fails:
>> Edit /var/lib/dpkg/info/openafs-client.postinst, and change the 'set -e'
>> near the top to 'set -xe'. Then run 'dpkg --configure --pending', or
>> maybe just try to install openafs-client again. It should print out a
>> bunch more stuff about what commands it is running, which should give a
>> clue as to what is actually failing. (And thanks for running with
>> LANG=C; that is helpful.)
> This may or may not work the way that you want because of how debconf
> works, but yes, that's what I'd suggest as well.
>
> I suspect the problem is with setting up alternatives for klog, since
> that's the next line immediately after setting up alternatives for pagsh.
> Therefore, the output of:
>
>      ls -l /usr/bin/klog /usr/share/man/man1/klog.1.gz \
>          /etc/alternatives/klog /etc/alternatives/klog.1.gz
>
> might be useful.  In particular, if you have an actual binary instead of a
> symlink installed as /usr/bin/klog, bad things will happen (although I
> would have expected some sort of error message).

Humm...

We did that :

# cp -a /etc/openafs /etc/openafs.BAK
# apt-get remove openafs-krb5 openafs-client openafs-fileserver --purge
# apt-get -t squeeze-backports install openafs-fileserver openafs-client
# /etc/init.d/openafs-client stop
# /etc/init.d/openafs-fileserver stop
# cp -a /etc/openafs.BAK/* /etc/openafs/
# /etc/init.d/openafs-client stop
# /etc/init.d/openafs-fileserver stop

Apparently, now everything works.

Jean-Marc