[OpenAFS] OpenAFS IPv6 and NAT64

Måns Nilsson mansaxel@besserwisser.org
Tue, 1 Apr 2014 14:08:18 +0200

--FoLtEtfbNGMjfgrs

Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS IPv6 and NAT64 Date: Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 07=
:27:29AM +0200 Quoting Georg Sluyterman (georg@sman.dk):
> On 2014-04-01, at 01:31, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:
>=20
> <---cut--->
> > The NAT64 scheme I
> > think was brought up in case we could work in that environment with
> > minimal changes to OpenAFS, but as far as I can tell the answer to that
> > is just "no".
> >=20
> > It sounded like you were satisfied with the answers I gave, George, but
> > I'm mentioning this here in case anyone else wanted to hear an actual
> > answer to the original question. And of course maybe this is clearer in
> > text, and after I've had more sleep and food, and we're not scribbling
> > on a little piece of paper and trying to speak loudly enough that we can
> > actually hear each other :)
>=20
> Hi Andrew
>=20
> Thank you for an interesting talk about the subject and thank you all for=
 a great conference!=20
>=20
> Yes, I was satisfied with the answer. As you also mentioned, I asked the =
question in case it would be a minimal change to the design. It is clearly =
not, so I see no point in creating support for this (at least for now where=
 NAT64 is not very widespread and perhaps never will be - who knows :).

As a frequent sufferer of NAT'ed AFS access with IPv6 readily available,
I'd just like to chime in here -- by all means all focus should be on
doing v6 properly for AFS. The kludges can come later.
--=20
M=C3=A5ns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668
When I met th'POPE back in '58, I scrubbed him with a MILD SOAP or
DETERGENT for 15 minutes.  He seemed to enjoy it ...

--FoLtEtfbNGMjfgrs

--FoLtEtfbNGMjfgrs--