[OpenAFS] Re: nightly failure since upgrading to 1.6.5

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 15:22:19 -0600

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 15:09:25 -0600
Tracy Di Marco White <gendalia@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's possible, certainly, depending on your definition of 'real'. I
> know other people are using DAFS on NetBSD for fileservers.
> Personally, I've only been doing it for a year or two.

Okay okay; I just meant this isn't exactly the most common platform, so
I treat it as more possible that some lower-level critical stuff is just
completely broken for some unexpected reason. But it sounds like that's
not the case (to the degree I would fear, anyway), so good.

I may have misinterpreted something up there. Were you running a prior
1.6 release with DAFS before, and this just started happening with
1.6.5? Or did you "switch" to DAFS and this started happening? Or did
you upgrade from 1.4 and switch to DAFS at the same time?

> It happens on one server, of four, and it's most of the way through
> creating backup volumes on this particular server. It is consistently
> happening on one, and only one, server.

Oh okay, well that makes me feel a little better :)

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net