[OpenAFS] Error opening files on AFS in MacOSX

Jan Pospíšil honik@kma.zcu.cz
Thu, 09 Jan 2014 19:14:59 +0100

Hi all,

I am running OpenAFS 1.6.5 client on MacOSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks).
Sometimes (very hard to tell under which circumstances), when I am
trying to open (ususally PDF) files on AFS with Preview.app or "Adobe
Acrobat Pro.app" I get the following error:

"file.pdf" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

Preview.app fails to open also other non-pdf files, e.g. images.
However, if I copy the file to the local file system, it opens without
problems.

Does someone know if it is a MacOSX issue or if there is a problem with
the OpenAFS client? If I knew how, I could provide more information.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Regards
Jan

--
Jan Pospisil, Ph.D.           e-mail: honik@kma.zcu.cz
University of West Bohemia    phone:  (+420) 37763-2675