[OpenAFS] Success - Deployment of OpenAFS 1.6.6 pre2 release candidate

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Thu, 9 Jan 2014 19:49:01 +0100

Rich,

On Jan 8, 2014, at 20:06 , Rich Sudlow wrote:

> During our bi-annual mantenance outage last weekend we took the plunge =
and upgraded our servers most running rh6.5+patches and 3 solaris 10
> (patched to latest patches) to 1.6.6pre2 (in addition to SineNomine's =
EINVAL.patch for volserver which didn't make the release). Cell is
> crc.nd.edu - a little over 500 TB usable - 22 servers
>=20
> We also rebuilt or updated 1383 clients (all Red Hat 6.4 or =
6.5+patches)
>=20
> This was done without incident and things have been running without =
for 3 days.

thanks a lot for your valor and the success report. The EINVAL patch =
(gerrit 10447 as pointed out by Andrew) isn't accepted on the master =
branch yet and thus is really too late for 1.6.6 - sorry.

Our current plan is to release 1.6.6 within ~10 days, with no further =
changes except to the RPM spec file and possibly ripping out the server =
side NAT ping feature (unless we receive feedback that it actually helps =
somewhere). Thus, chances are that what you have deployed is very close =
to the 1.6.6 release.

	Stephan

--=20
Stephan Wiesand