[OpenAFS] Error opening files on AFS in MacOSX

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Thu, 9 Jan 2014 19:33:50 +0100

Hi Jan,

On Jan 9, 2014, at 19:14 , Jan Posp=ED=9Ail wrote:

> Hi all,
>=20
> I am running OpenAFS 1.6.5 client on MacOSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks). =
Sometimes (very hard to tell under which circumstances), when I am =
trying to open (ususally PDF) files on AFS with Preview.app or "Adobe =
Acrobat Pro.app" I get the following error:
>=20
> "file.pdf" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the =
Trash.
>=20
> Preview.app fails to open also other non-pdf files, e.g. images.
> However, if I copy the file to the local file system, it opens without =
problems.
>=20
> Does someone know if it is a MacOSX issue or if there is a problem =
with the OpenAFS client? If I knew how, I could provide more =
information.

clients up to 1.6.5.1 are known to have problems on OS X 10.9. There are =
changes in 1.6.5.2 and 1.6.6pre2 supposed to fix them. Alas, no binaries =
for those (pre)releases are available, let alone an installer. If you're =
able to build and install from source and test the result, your feedback =
would be most welcome.

Best regards
	Stephan

--=20