[OpenAFS] Re: Trying OpenAFS, and missing

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 10 Jan 2014 11:09:10 -0600

On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 20:55:06 -0600 (CST)
Kristofer Pettijohn <kristofer@cybernetik.net> wrote:

> Sorry for the top-post, but I just wanted to let you know my discovery.
>
> I followed the exact same instructions from the Debian tutorial wiki
> page ( https://openafs.dk/doku.php?id=server:openafs ), except I
> removed the DES keys and left myself with the two ARCFOUR keys

I'm not quite sure how/why you have 2 arcfour keys, but in the previous
emails I believe you had AES keys as well. If you can run with AES, I
would do so, as it is stronger. Some things will not support that, but
if you were able to get them before...

> All of the instructions then worked as expected, and I now have
> successfully created a cell.

Just to be sure that we have this, can you say what libkrb5
implementation you were using for the client commands? If this was a
problem with a libkrb5 implementation choosing DES from the local
keytab, I'd like to just keep track of what those are. Can you 'ldd
/path/to/bos' and just say what libkrb5 it is using?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net