[OpenAFS] Extract files from /vicepa

Germán Ferrari german.ferrari@gmail.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2014 12:41:29 -0200

--f46d043bdec6d12b0704f02b8a3a

El ene 17, 2014 9:43 AM, "Harald Barth" <haba@kth.se> escribi=F3:

> > If I understood correctly, the easiest way to restore the files is to
setup
> > another afs server and "just" overwrite the /vicepa folder with the one
> > have. Is this correct?
>
> Yes, I think that's still correct. The easiest way to set up a AFS
> server is probably to take a linux distro which has pre-packaged
> binaries for AFS client and server. Debian for example.
>
> > I don't understand the part about the salvager deleting the data.
>
> I think the ownership and mode bits conain information if the file in
> question is "active". The salvager may delete inactive data. But prior
> to copying your old data into your new /vicepa/ you can remove the
> salvager from BosConfig and then run the salvager by hand with
> -nowrite which will tell you what the salvager would have done.
>
> > I have
> > the recovered /vicepa folder on a ntfs partition. I'm trying to recover
> > again the folder but to an ext4 partition trying to preserve ownership
and
> > modes ...
>
> Good if you can do that. Zip and Tar archives can be told to preserve
> ownership as well.
>
> Harald.

Ok.

I was hoping there was some simple way to extract the data, which did not
involve the creation of an afs server.

Let's see how it goes. Thank you.

Regards,
Germ=E1n

--f46d043bdec6d12b0704f02b8a3a

&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:haba@kth.se" target=3D"_blank">haba@kth.se</a>=
&gt; escribi=F3:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; If I understood correctly, the easiest way to restore the files i=
s to setup<br>
&gt; &gt; another afs server and &quot;just&quot; overwrite the /vicepa fol=
der with the one I<br>
&gt; &gt; have. Is this correct?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Yes, I think that&#39;s still correct. The easiest way to set up a AFS=
&gt; server is probably to take a linux distro which has pre-packaged<br>
&gt; binaries for AFS client and server. Debian for example.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; I don&#39;t understand the part about the salvager deleting the d=
ata.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I think the ownership and mode bits conain information if the file in<=
br>
&gt; question is &quot;active&quot;. The salvager may delete inactive data.=
 But prior<br>
&gt; to copying your old data into your new /vicepa/ you can remove the<br>
&gt; salvager from BosConfig and then run the salvager by hand with<br>
&gt; -nowrite which will tell you what the salvager would have done.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; I have<br>
&gt; &gt; the recovered /vicepa folder on a ntfs partition. I&#39;m trying =
to recover<br>
&gt; &gt; again the folder but to an ext4 partition trying to preserve owne=
rship and<br>
&gt; &gt; modes ...<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Good if you can do that. Zip and Tar archives can be told to preserve<=
br>
&gt; ownership as well.<br>
&gt;<br>
xtract the data, which did not involve the creation of an afs server.<br><b=

an><p>

--f46d043bdec6d12b0704f02b8a3a--