[OpenAFS] Re: Salvageserver 1.6.1-3+deb7u1 core dump

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 17 Jun 2014 13:57:08 -0500

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 11:03:00 +0200 (CEST)
Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> wrote:

> Should we not just make a ".." in this situation?

I'm not sure if making that just a warning is a good idea or not, but
that shouldn't happen on just missing a ".." entry. You might want to
salvage the volume with -salvagedirs, since apparently we're not
properly detecting invalid directories in the volume.

This is supposed to fixed by salvaging the dir; DirOK will fail and
we'll rebuild the directory in CopyAndSalvage. Did you see anything
mentioned like "Directory bad" or "Salvaging directory" in the salvage
log messages for any of these runs?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net