[OpenAFS] Cannot create directory with Nautilus

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:53:48 +0200 (CEST)

> At work, I can create a directory in my $HOME with Nautilus (Debian
> Wheezy). My problem is with my personal computer (Ubuntu 12.04). I
> can't create a directory in my $HOME on the same OpenAFS server. Menus
> are disabled. I must create directory with mkdir. And you, how do you
> do ?

I think Nautilus is to blame who thinks it can not do it because of
UID and Unix permissions and therefore does not even try.

What is your UID at work? (guess: not 1000)
What is your UID on your home computer? (guess: 1000)

I would change the UID on the home computer to match the UID on the
work computer to work around the problem.

I think we had this discussion before, a long time ago. Did we get any
feedback from the Nautilus folks?

Harald.