[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS kernel module compilation problems

Russ Allbery eagle@eyrie.org
Sat, 28 Jun 2014 23:04:25 -0700

Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> writes:

> I don't think there's a simple chart or table of this that anyone's put
> together, but you can look in the release notes for this information,
> e.g. <http://openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.6.1/RELNOTES-1.6.1>.

> 1.6.1 supported up through Linux 3.4, 1.6.2 supported 3.7, 1.6.4
> supported 3.10, and 1.6.6 supported 3.13 (and I think everything beyond
> 3.13 that's been released as of now). Of course, in any Debian or other
> packaging there may be patches that add some more kernel support, but
> the vanilla versions can be a helpful guideline.

While I had pulled up kernel support patches in the past, for all of the
1.6 versions I've been able to just package the new upstream version
except for a few cases with security patches.  So the Debian packages
should match the upstream kernel support.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle@eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>