[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS kernel module compilation problems

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Sat, 28 Jun 2014 22:40:46 -0700

On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 19:20:59 -0500
Eric Frost <eric@ericfrost.org> wrote:

> It seems the latest version is 1.6.1-3+deb7u2 in the repository. I know
> this isn't the latest source but for the experiment it'd suffice. I have
> a few kernels and sources on the machine, 3.2.51, 3.6.9, 3.10.11, and
> 3.12.22.
>
> On all versions but 3.2 the compile fails:
[...]
> I can't seem to find in the documentation where openafs-1.6.whatever
> will work with whatever kernel. Is there some information on this?

I don't think there's a simple chart or table of this that anyone's put
together, but you can look in the release notes for this information,
e.g. <http://openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.6.1/RELNOTES-1.6.1>.

1.6.1 supported up through Linux 3.4, 1.6.2 supported 3.7, 1.6.4
supported 3.10, and 1.6.6 supported 3.13 (and I think everything beyond
3.13 that's been released as of now). Of course, in any Debian or other
packaging there may be patches that add some more kernel support, but
the vanilla versions can be a helpful guideline.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net