[OpenAFS] backup: Volume name is illegal ; Failed to evaluate volume set

Gunnar Krull gklists@cs.uni-goettingen.de
Tue, 04 Aug 2015 11:29:39 +0200

Hi!

Yesterday I upgraded the OpenAFS packages on our servers running Debian
Wheezy from 1.6.9-1~bpo70+1 to 1.6.13-1 (compiled and build from sid
source).

Since then the backup command stopped working with an error, e.g.:

# /usr/sbin/backup dump -volumeset coursebackup -dump /aug
Starting dump of volume set 'coursebackup' (dump level '/aug')
backup: Volume name is illegal ; Failed to evaluate volume set

The backup volume set looks like this:

backup> listv
Volume set coursebackup:
     Entry   1: server .*, partition .*, volumes: course\..*\.backup

Everything else seemed to be okay, no problems with fileservers and
volume servers.
Now, I've gone back to the old version, installing the 1.6.9 packages.
With this version the backup is working again.

Any idea what could cause the error in the latest version?

Thanks,
Gunnar