[OpenAFS] OpenAFS & Windows 10 roaming profiles, new path

Gaja Sophie Peters gaja.peters@math.uni-hamburg.de
Fri, 31 Jul 2015 12:50:39 +0200

Am 31.07.2015 um 11:23 schrieb Richter, Michael:

> I've tried Windows 10 Pro 64bit with OpenAFS 1.7.32. Worked so far.
> Did you encounter problems? Jeffrey told about some problems.

So far no problems... (knocks on wood and crosses fingers)
Windows 7 Pro Update to Windows 10

As Jeffrey Altman wrote: at first, AFS didn't work, but after a "Repair"
with the yfs-openafs Installer, I could again access the AFS. The
integrated login however still didn't work. After Uninstall and
Reinstall (yfs-openafs-en_US-AMD64-1_7_3202.msi), even the
integrated-login functionality came back.

I am not using Windows as my main system, so I only clicked around a
little bit, but even a Thunderbird with Mail-Directory in the AFS and a
Firefox-Profile including Cache in the AFS works flawlessly.

Oh yes. this is NOT a "roaming profile", just an AFS-Share that is
mounted and unlocked on login.

Greetings,
Gaja Peters